My First Digital Lesson


created by Edutopia

In 2016 I was doing two jobs: one as an English teacher, working at a local run-of-the-mill education center, and the other as a nail artist at a very famous Nail Salon. I enjoyed both jobs. First one gave me a sense of importance and fulfillment, the second would give me freedom to be creative and meet new people as well as make friends. 

Nail Salon was the place that gave me the best connections. There I met an awesome yoga trainer, found a good kindergarten for my daughter, found my personal astrologist and numerologist, a very knowledgeable travel agent and many  many other important people for my life. But most importantly I found my first online student. One of my clients mentioned that she was looking for an English teacher to improve it for her work. I, self-consciously, offered my services. She agreed! However, the only nuance was the the lady was leaving to Switzerland the next week and she wanted to have online lessons. I didn't know how to conduct a lesson online but I had kind of a feeling I would figure it out along, as I have a great skill of going with a flow and perform my best when I am not ready.

My client advised the app to use for online lessons, we agreed on time and price suiting both of us, and there I was sitting in front of my cell phone screen on Saturday evening. My hands were sweaty, my leg nervously shaking, voice almost cracked on the "hello" and the whole beginning of the lesson I was wearing a forced grin with my eyes wide open like a child scared of a dog. For the whole lesson we spoke about this and that and generally had a lot of fun sharing some information about our backgrounds and ambitions. By the end of the lesson I asked her if she knew how I could share some files and presentations with her so the lessons would be more productive and informative. To my luck, she was eager to help me.

All in all, the lesson went well.

And we both enjoyed that and a lot and more of those lessons for another two years...

Комментарии

Отправить комментарий

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

MY FIRST POST!